Twitter

Sunday, March 28, 2010

P and The NYC Marathon

This past week, my client P ran in her first NYC Half-Marathon.  She completed it in two hours forty minutes, averaging a twelve minute mile pace.  When we first started training for this event she would get winded walking two miles straight.  Over the course of 12 weeks, she steadily increased her mileage, improving her endurance and pace.  There were times during the 12 weeks that she doubted herself, a natural response.  So I would then have to remind her where she started and how far she has come. 

I am extremely proud of how far she has come.  She conquered what, at first, seemed like an impossible task.  Now when I look at her I can't help but feel lucky to have been there every step of the way as she transformed into an athlete.  Her story is better than anything on TV, I'll tell you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment