Twitter

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Opening Night


Last night, Light In The Dark: Chekhov Shorts (www.theatrehan.com) opened.  Opening night is always an interesting night.  As I get older, I like to step back and observe everyone else.  It's so interesting to see how differently people deal with nerves or lack there of.  Some people do extensive warming up, others listen to music, a few people sing; even fewer like to sit alone.  I like to take a cat nap, if I can.  What better way to relax?  If I time it right, I can take a 15-30 minute cat nap; then do a quick vocal and body warm up.  But no matter how relaxed I might be I have to go pee before I go on stage.  I think I have this unconscious fear of being on stage and having to go to the bathroom.  But hey, it's better than having to throw up before every performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment