Twitter

Monday, October 5, 2009

What do you need to enjoy your life?

I have to make a confession...I am not a rich man. Never have been, might never be. I bring this up today because I told a friend of mine that I'm on a budget right now and not able to continue taking my martial arts class. It is just not a priority right now. His response was basically along the lines of: 'once you make more money then you can go back to enjoying your life.' To a certain point he is right but it occurred to me that he is also wrong.

Having money doesn't necessarily equal having an enjoyable life. If one day I became broke and was living in a cardboard box without a penny in the world to enjoy myself, I know that as long as I have Jennie by my side in that Maytag box that I would still have a great life. We would turn that box into a mansion that would rival anything on MTV Cribs. Money might make the world go round but it doesn't keep me going every morning. For me, it's knowing that I have a great person to share this life with. A life without love isn't worth living.


No comments:

Post a Comment